It’s a mid-summer evening on your favorite stretch of river and the golden hour hatch just ended. The sun is slowly creeping its way behind the mountains. You’re hungry, but not starving—and you know there is plenty of good fishing left. After all, dusk is when the monsters come out right? Or maybe you’ve on been on the river since sun up and your winding down the day. Either way, you’ve cracked your favorite Cervesa before starting the trek back to wherever you came from. Why not enjoy that froffy beverage with some chips and gauc.
The title of this recipe may have lead you a stray—I regret to inform you this is not a “copycat” recipe of Chipotle (the restaurants guacamole) although theirs is delicious too. This incorporates adding in your favorite Chipotle sauce. Why? Because in my opinion everything tastes just a smidge better with chipotle.
· 2 ripe avocados
· Quarter of red onion
· Favorite Chipotle sauce here is my favorite:
· Squeeze of fresh lime
· Optional but highly recommended: favorite Mexican brew
· Tortilla Chips
Prep: No prep needed here—though you could make ahead of time and pack in your bag you can make this easily on the river.
1. Halve avocados and scoop into small bowl.
2. Dice onion and add to the same bowl with avocado.
3. Add two spoonful’s of your favorite chipotle sauce.
4. Squeeze a fresh lime into bowl and mix.
5. Bust out those tortilla chips, maybe crack another cold one and enjoy!
Staying past sunset can bring great rewards…