Summer is here and that means late nights on the river and sangria are in order.
What do fly fishing, Sangria and a Charcuterie board have in common? Nothing actually. Except that the trio makes for a damn good happy hour in between casts on summer evenings.
Citrus Pinot Gris Sangria:
· 1-2 cans of Underwood Pinot Gris
· Lemon Perrier
1. Cut pears lengthwise into semi thick slices. Then cut off the ends of the lemons and quarter. Add the pears and lemons to a pitcher.
2. Pour the wine into pitcher and seal tightly or cover with plastic wrap and place in fridge. Ideally, refrigerate overnight and for a few hours.
3. Pour Sangria into your favorite travel cup and top off with Lemon Perrier.
4. Garnish with a slice of lemon if desired.
Store in your favorite travel mug or cup and enjoy.
Charcuterie & Cheese board:
· French bread
· Brie or soft cheese of your choice
· Pancetta and Salami
1. Thinly slice French bread.
2. Pack bread, meat, cheese, and olives into a travel container.
1. Bust out those containers.
2. Spread brie onto bread and top with meats and olives.
This summer instead of lugging a 6-pack to the river give this refreshing spritzer a go.