You can make this dish the night before you head out for an adventure. I loaded mine with veggies and sausage to compliment the sweet pie crust this is baked in.
This make ahead breakfast couldn’t be any simpler and can be easily reheated and prepared from your camp spot or the boat. Less cooking means more time casting and hopefully more fish too.
Store bought Pie Crust
Splash of Milk
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees
2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, melt butter over medium-high. Add sausage and cook until light golden. In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs and milk. Add sausage, tomatoes, spinach, onions and cheese and season with salt and pep. Whisk to combine, pour into pie-crust, and bake until center of quiche is set, 40 to 45 minutes or so.
3. Cool completely, refrigerate and store in air tight Tupperware.
From the boat:
1. Wrap a slice of quiche in tin foil and reheat on the grill, over a campfire or camp stove for a hot and delicious breakfast.
2. Pour yourself a cup of coffee and enjoy this sweet and savory dish.